Thursday, January 2, 2020

The 1000 Beer Year

What? Why? Who? When? How?

OK, lets break it down starting with...

What? I am seeking a bit of a personal challenge and to have some directedness in my pursuit of awesome and sometimes not awesome beers to consume.  I know I have had several calendar years in which I have drank 500+ different beers and likely been close to 1000 in a year or two, though can't confirm unless I track it like I will this year - 2020!

Who? I am a beer lover who has spent nearly 2 decades trying all types of beers I can find from all types of places that I visit and live.  I have tried over 3000 beers which I tracked in a giant spreadsheet from 2002-2017.

When? This is easy - I started on New Year Eve 2019 as the kick-off for this one year event.  I now have until midnight on December 31, 2019 to consumer 1000 (or more) different beers.

Why? I wanna do it!

How? I think a criteria for trying 1000+ beers is that I can't count small beer samples at beer festivals - though at a brewery with a tasting/sampler set of beers with each pour at or above 4 oz will count.  I believe the vast majority of the 1000+ beers will be a full serving though.

Now...Beer Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment